Parsons School of Design alumnus with a BFA in fashion, who has worked in the menswear industry for several years. Past lives have been in the East Village and Lower East Side of Manhattan; more recently transplanted to Harlem. Currently living in a 1907 "French flat," an Edwardian era middle-class apartment.
A view looking west at the corner of Lenox Avenue and 125th shows Harlem's commercial strip before many of the prewar buildings were demolished at this intersection. This photo was taken circa 1950 and one can see the original building at the south side of the street (at left) where a big open lot now sits on Lenox Avenue. The north side building (to the right) currently has the large office building with a Marshall's storefront anchoring the lower commercial space. Click on image to enlarge.Archival photo courtesy NYPL